We should have around 2000mg of EPA and DHA per day. Spin the bottle around and have a look at the back to make sure your Fish Oil presents you the best value.
Great source of Omega 3, healthy fats and is a great anti- inflammatory and a better option if you are looking to decrease your mercury count as found in most sea food in our modern day.
Omega 3 Fish Oil
• Instrumental in regulating inflammation, blood pressure and thickness, hormone production, and the activities of the immune and central nervous systems.
• Studies suggest that Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) may be linked to omega-3 deficiency.
• Has been shown to decrease elevated serum triglycerides.
• Essential for Heart and Vascular Health
• Deficiencies of omega-3 may also be linked to depression.
• Supports increases in healthy fats to the daily eating routine.
• Important for infants (and a developing fetus) for proper development of the brain and retina of the eyes.
• Deficiencies have also been found in people who have allergies, asthma, and skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis.
• Supports cardiovascular health by lowering blood pressure, relaxing blood vessels and lowering cholesterol levels.
• May also reduce pain for sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis.
• May be helpful for symptoms of Crohn’s disease.
What is Omega-3?
There are two types of fat, omega-3 and omega-6, which are essential for human health. The average American consumes far too many omega-6 fats in their diet while consuming very low levels of omega-3. The ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats is 1:1. Our ancestors evolved over millions of years on this ratio. Today, though, our ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 averages from 20:1 to 50:1!
By far, the best type of omega-3 fats are those found in fish. The omega-3 in fish is high in two fatty acids crucial to human health, DHA and EPA. These two fatty acids are pivotal in preventing many diseases. Researchers are now also linking inadequate intake of these omega-3 fats in pregnant women to premature birth and low birth weight, and to hyperactivity in children.
Sadly, though, eating fresh fish, whether from the ocean, lakes and streams, or farm-raised, is no longer recommended. Mercury levels in all fish have now hit dangerously high levels across the world, and the risk of this mercury to your health now outweighs the omega-3 benefits of fish. Routine consumption of fish oil, however, is highly encouraged as a key ingredient in improving your health. Fish oil contains the highest levels of the best omega-3 fats – those with the EPA and DHA fatty acids – and, as it is in pure form, does not pose the mercury risk of fresh fish.
Where does our Omega-3 come from?
Our Fish Oil is derived primarily from Sardines (Sardina/Sardinella 9 different sub species names) and Anchovies (Engraulidae under 8 different sub species names) Sometimes Mackerel is also used. At times, Salmon (Salmo/Salmonidae 8 different sub species) are used to adjust the DHA content upward and Herring (Clupea/Clupedidae 6 of the 11 subspecies) are used on rare occasions to increase the EPA level. All fish used for oil in our products are caught in deep cold water channels in the Northern Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The fish oil used comes from “fish body oil” which is primarily found in the flesh.
Our Fish Oil is guaranteed to contain 18% EPA and 12% DHA per softgel. The proposed CRN monograph for fish oils plans to allow an omega 3 claim on these two fatty acids only. Other than EPA (180 mg) and DHA (120 mg.) the total Omega 3 fatty acids are approximately 63 mgs per softgel.
Guarantee of purity:
The specification for the mercury in the WFM Fish Oil is a maximum of 0.005 parts per million or 0.005 mg/kg. There is one gram of Fish Oil in each softgel so the amount of mercury per softgel is guaranteed to be less than 0.000005 mg. The ppm will always be 0.05 ppm of the fill material. The molecular distillation processing of the WFM Fish Oil removes any and all Dioxins that may be in the oil. Dioxin content is measured in a complicated TEQ system and the WFM Fish Oil is guaranteed to meet all USA standards and the all new tough EU (European Union) standards. The EU standards are the toughest in the world. (Typically, Dioxins are more of a problem in Fish Liver Oils because they cannot be molecularly distilled as thoroughly.
Information Courtesy BIOVEA
THIS POST IS 100% POWERED UP | SUPPORT THE PLATFORM’S SUCCESS
SOURCES: All words and videos used in my posts are my own including rights to all images and music where relevant.