Frankincense is used in perfumery and aromatherapy and numerous studies show it has major health benefits including those with cancer, anxiety, depression and Osteoarthritis. This was also one of the three gifts presented by the three wise men in the bible and I feel there is a lot to learn about these amazing essential oils.
The key is to research into them, trial them and see where they fit into your lifestyle.
What not try it in ice-cream.
Frankincense Ice Cream
- 2 x 1/2cups milk
- 1 x 1/2cups thick cream
- 10-15 drops organic frankincense oil (100% pure boswellia sacrais preferred)
- 1 cup stevia, divided in half
- 1 Tbsp organic honey
- 3 egg yolks
- Whip egg yolks with the stevia until light yellow.
- Heat up the milk, thick cream and remaining stevia in a medium pot. Slide off the stove right before it reaches a simmer and whisk a little at a time into your egg mixture. Return to medium-low heat and cook until a thickened velvet texture.
- Whisk in the frankincense drops to taste. Overnight in the refrigerator.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
NEVER consume 100% pure Frankincense Oil straight as it is in concentrated form.
Research into the effects and benefits of Frankincense before consumption.