6 Useful Lifestyle Adjustment Tools
- A lifestyle inventory.
Ask yourself questions such as “How many hours each day do you spend watching TV or videos or on the computer?” and “How often does stress or depression affect your ability to pursue healthy lifestyle changes?” These questions are designed to your level of physical activity, nutrition and emotional well-being, as well as your readiness to make changes in each of these areas.
- An ambition agreement.
This agreement is used to record one or more simple, measurable fitness goals that the client and coach have agreed upon. You will take this home as a reminder of what was discussed. The agreement also lists follow-up dates and other small term targets.
Write things down!
Chase them down.
- A food and activity journal.
Anyone can use this method to record what they have eaten, how they felt and what they did to be active for one week. If you are not sure what to eat and when ask your coach or nutritionist for further advice.
Don’t just wing it!
- Follow up.
Most people change their behaviour gradually.
They may move forward and backward through the four stages of change, before moving on to the maintenance stage, where the goal is to minimise relapse.
Relapses of some sort are almost inevitable, but a mutually developed, individualised plan for support and follow-up can help you sustain a healthier lifestyle. The plan should address how and when you will evaluate your progress or renegotiate goals.
In some cases, a face-to-face visit with a coach will be required. In other cases, follow-ups can occur by phone or e-mail with your coach.
Follow-ups should occur within three weeks in most cases of a relapse.
Talk about your problems.
Communication is one of the biggest ingredients for success.
- Think small changes
Small, incremental changes are far more likely to be successful for you than an “all-or-nothing” approach. Select any one of the strategies and tools described in this OCA article to begin experiencing the benefits of healthy lifestyles for you.
You are what you think, so choose your thoughts wisely.
You are in control.
Small steps are the best way to achieve success in life.
- The Key’s to fitness & health Success
- Learn about the 3 Domains of Fitness (Online Coaching Australia – Your Dream Builder)
- Learn the 7 Pillars of Awareness (Online Coaching Australia – Your Dream Builder)
- Learn the 14 Sustainable Habits of Adaption (Online Coaching Australia – Your Dream Builder)
- Identify your problems, acknowledge, accept and commit
- Surround yourself with positive, like minded people who support you
- Adjust nutrition on a daily/weekly basis, replace bad habits with a new good habit and think consistency of improvement rather than a strict instant change.
- You could consider eating 4 to 5 meals daily to stimulate your metabolism however ensure it fits within a reasonable amount of calories based on your body weight, movement and out put of energy. (Protein / Carbohydrates / Fats – in every meal is ideal with lots of vegetables)
- Remove food that does not support your goal (sugar, high glycemic & alcohol)
- Make an effective training and goal stepping schedule and map out your week/month ahead
- Make a weekly appointment with your coach, seek to move everyday and work on your skills and mobility.
- Execute 2+ minimum weekly HIIT (High Intensity Interval Sessions) and full body Calisthenics sessions (Handstands, bar work, planch, rings and gymnastics).
- Execute 2+ minimum weekly heavier weights sessions (Deadlifts, Back Squats, & Bench Press – The Big 3 plus other variations based on your skill level)
- Utilise your internal energy, be aware of your thoughts and harness the power of the law of attraction. Your energy will dictate what you attract into your life.
- Execute multi-planar strength movements based around the 7 primal movement patterns.
- Track and acknowledge your progress in all areas of life. Where are you heading?
- Focus on your “self-development” and make it a priority. Daily growth, mentally, physically and spiritually. Learn and share.
- Create milestones, take pride in them and keep taking the small steps one at a time.
- Have a regular testing phase and reassessment every 12 weeks.
- Live life with intent and follow a program, a schedule, a path or direction.
- Accept that goals change and we have to realign when we achieve milestones. Set goals often.
- Accept your self value, your worth and simply be the best you can be on a daily basis via ACTION.
- Accept that the small steps are the biggest you can take at any one time, an understanding of life long adaption and progression is paramount and the results are always worth it! Start becoming the best version of YOU!
Maybe you want more?
- Establish your vision, mission, attitude and commitment?
- Learn the 5 secrets to direction?
- Learn the top 26 key attributes of a successful person?
- Learn the 7 pillars of awareness that breeds success?
- Learn the 14 habits of sustainable adaption that will launch you to success and keep you there?
- Follow Facebook – Sebastian Jago Coach Page
- Follow Facebook #2 – OCA Official Facebook Page
- Follow Youtube – FitnessSecretsTV
- Follow Instagram – coach_sabby_j
- Follow Instagram – betterlife_project
Fill in the form below and book your clarity session with Sebastian.