Preparation is paramount for success and anyone that measures their performance is going to do very well and obtain clarity on what they need to work on and how far they have come.
When I write programs for my team training community I write with the premise that they are general population and not athletes however I always aim to entice progression and learning into each session.
If we are not evolving and we are not learning then what is the point?
Now this program I have written here is run over two main days with a third lifting day left to the responsibility of the member or client.
- 2 days main lifting as to the program
- 1 day extra lifting day for the best result
This will mean we are only lifting twice each week for the big 3 and based on a very specific RM% and rep count.
No more, no less.
The goal here is to progressively work up from our current personal best or capacity and find a new personal best at the end of the 9 weeks and do a lot of support work along the way which will bring a greater result.
Intelligently and injury free.
- Week 1 – Firstly we find our current 1RM or 3RM based on your level ramping up (adding weight) to each block of reps (7, 5, 3 , 1)
- Week 2 – 72.5% (4 Sets of 6) & 75.5% (2 Sets of 6)
- Week 3 – 72.5% (4 Sets of 6) & 75.5% (2 Sets of 6) (Repeat conditioning)
- Week 4 – 80% (4 Sets of 6) & 77.5% (2 Sets of 6)
- Week 5 – 85% (3 Sets of 5) & 82.5% (2 Sets of 5)
- Week 6 – 90% (2 Sets of 3) & 85% (1 Sets of 4)
- Week 7 – 95%( 2 Sets of 3) & 92.5% (1 Sets of 3)
- Week 8 – 97.5% (1 Sets of 2) & 100% (1 Sets of 2)
Add lots of subsidiary skills like back, shoulders, posterior muscles and as you deem fit and always seek to do Anaerobic conditioning (heart rate above 85%) and always use resistance and toys you enjoy to use such as sleds, kettlebells and speed ropes.
Just remember there are always variations and should always lift within your limits and training experience. Take your time to progress however seek to be consistent.
I have excluded Should Press on this cycle however will included it in some others classes throughout my week using barbells and dumbbells.
Remember this is just a two day split based on what I do in my gym.
We generally do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and mobility and recovery on others days.
I hope you find this useful and feel free to contact me any time in regard to your health and fitness.
Follow Sebastian – @sebastianjago
Have a great day!
THIS POST IS 100% POWERED UP | SUPPORT THE PLATFORM’S SUCCESS
SOURCES: All words in my post are my own including rights to all images and music where relevant. Videos are also linked to their relative sources.
FitnessSecretsTV – Online Coaching Australia
Mm31Y6 = 3% DISCOUNT CODE @ Genesis Mining